Farmhouse style decorating ideas
**This post contains affiliate links**
Farmhouse style decorating ideas do make me nostalgic. I grew up in a rural area, and everything about the experience comes back as a sweet memory that is unlikely to be, again.
Farmhouse decor communicates a peaceful home with a strong work ethic. It is distinct from other styles because it starts from the house and interior design (inside and out).
It is a project that needs prior planning. All’s not lost though if you want to decorate an already existing house with a similar style.
=========>You can shop for farmhouse style decorating accessories here
Farmhouse style decorating ideas and tips
The farmhouse decor theme is better off done in one room at a time. It makes it less overwhelming, and easy to tackle. I’d start with the kitchen, for immediate impact.
Farmhouse kitchen decorating ideas
These farmhouse kitchen decorating ideas will kickstart your decor project, and give ideas on what to consider before getting started:
- Use creamy, light colors for the wall paint.
- The one distinct feature of a farmhouse kitchen is the big, farmhouse sink. These sinks are a lot deeper and tend to stand alone, without cupboard tops. They originated from a time when running water was not yet available. A farmhouse sink holds more water than your average kitchen sink. Hence it became the preferred choice.
- Put quaint woven baskets on display. The counter tops could be the perfect place for this.
- Gingham napkins and check dishcloths are a proper decor accent in farmhouse kitchens.
- Lighting in farmhouse style kitchens should be sufficient as these kitchens tend to be bigger. Hanging pendant lights are both aesthetically and functionally pleasing.
- Window treatments should be delicate.
Farmhouse Kitchen Sink White – Single Bowl Fireclay with Apron Front – Undermount or Overmount Design – Smooth – 30 InchesAdeco Black Iron Wire Round Wide-Mouth Basket with Seagrass-Wrapped Rim and Mesh Body (Set of 3)Red and White Gingham Luncheon 2-ply Napkins, 20 Count (2 Packs) 40 Napkins TotalCOOLWEST 1 Light Mini Vintage Edison Hanging Caged Pendant Light Fixture,Adjustable Black Cord
These few farmhouse kitchen decorating ideas will go a long way towards one’s dream farmhouse! It is much simpler now than when you started reading the post.
Farmhouse style decorating ideas for the bedroom
Farmhouse style decorating ideas for the bedroom are simple – get a few basics right, and you have your farmhouse bedroom:
- Open wooden beams are a “must have” for the roofing. In fact, this is true for all the rooms.
- Go for rustic bedroom furniture.
- Hardwood bare floors and shabby chic rugs fit in well with the theme.
- A reclaimed wooden frame mirror will add a nice touch to the bedroom.
Shop for your farmhouse style decorations ideas below:
Renewed Décor Herringbone Reclaimed Wood Mirror in 20 stain colorsRustic Lodge Pine Cone Border Brown 5×7 Area Rug, 5’3×7’3Farmhouse Style Arched Queen Bed Barn Wood Headboard w/ Narrow Rustic Reclaimed Wood SlatsAltra Furniture Farmington 6 Drawer Dresser, Large, Century Barn Pine
Farmhouse living room decor
Farmhouse living room decor is easy once you have the basics covered, i.e., creamy paint colors and open wooden beams.
- Furniture with a distressed finish is popular among farmhouse decor enthusiasts.
- Wooden theme curtains add a nice touch to a farmhouse living room, all thanks to their rustic look.
- Rustic wall decor like this windmill clock will give you an authentic farmhouse experience.
A gallery corner will fill up your wall with fond family memories – while giving your farmhouse living room personality as well.
I also love this farmhouse styled entryway, with the woven baskets, distressed finish of the picture frames, and the creamy light paint.
Farmhouse style in the bathroom
A bathroom is a very pleasant space to adopt the farmhouse style decor.
- Rustic and vintage decor accents play a huge part in transforming your bathroom into a farmhouse style.
- These can include wall art, bathroom sets, and shower curtains.
- A shiplap adds a rustic touch to modern spaces – and it is perfect for a bathroom. The thought of mounting a wooden board can be intimidating, but fortunately for some of us, a peel-and-stick look-alike contact paper can do the trick. There is no need to worry about it peeling off in your bathroom. These contact papers stick well, but it is advisable not to put them where there is too much exposure to steam or water.
RoomMates RMK9050WP Distressed Wood Peel and Stick Wall DecorOhio Wholesale Vintage Bath Advertising Wall Art, from our Americana Collection, from our Americana CollectionFabric Shower Curtain Country Decor by Ambesonne , Old Wooden Garage Door American Style Decorations for Bathroom
Did you like my farmhouse style decorating ideas? Feel free to share, pin or bookmark!
More Farmhouse Ideas: Easy Farmhouse Style DIY Decor
Not to re-invent the wheel, but my favorite blogger has rounded up these 17 Gorgeous Farmhouse Style Ideas that could a benefit to you. I hope you enjoy them.